Monday, March 12, 2007

Theory du jour

If I blogged properly, I wouldn't be getting any knitting or sewing done at all, now would I?

Well that's what I'm telling myself these days, anyway. And there is knitting and embroidery time aplenty on the horizon, as I am jetting off to LOS ANGELES for a few days at the end of this week. PlayBall! is screening at the San Fernando Valley International Film Festival, and I could not be more pleased. Ok, I could be more pleased if it were the Academy Awards. Or if M. Y were able to accompany me on the trip. But, all in all, I have to say: pretty darn pleased. And exceedingly pleased with myself for going! It was one of those things you say 'yes' to because you know you have to, even though you're not sure how you're going to, and having done that, everything just keeps working out. I'll be staying with my friend & collaborator who moved out there herself just over a month ago, I'll be visiting with other friends there, I'll be going to the SFVIFF gala and our film's screening the next afternoon -- hopefully I'll even make it to the beach and to a meeting with a casting director. All in three days! Most significantly, perhaps, I'll be back in LA for the first time since I moved from there to England (London, as opposed to my earlier move to Oxford), many, many years ago. Can't remember exactly how many. It's a lot, though. London was before New York, and New York's been a bloody long time. Anyway, the clothes I thought I was ill-advisedly buying these past couple of weeks are already packed as perfect travel clothes; I've re-stocked my sorely depleted makeup bag with some super yummy Kevin Aucoin colors; I'm getting my hair done, a manicure and pedicure, and generally living the life of the glamorous star this week. Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

The knitting? Rebecca's wrap with sleeves - soft, fluffy, and guaranteed to be soothing in its simplicity. The embroidery? Pillowcases to be adorned with fleur de lis in varying shades of blue for M. Y's birthday. I fly back Sunday in time for his birthday dinner, so I expect there'll be a bit more embroidery than knitting on this trip, but we'll see how it goes. I traced little fleur de lis onto the pillowcases yesterday and can't wait to see how they work out!

The birthday dinner? M. Y is cooking -- but I'll be making dinner for him on my birthday the following weekend, so it all works out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home